Great News! Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University is a complete scholarship award established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract exceptional foreign scholars from African Nations for six month general studies in China. Wuhan University is one of the prominent universities chosen to embark on this program to recruit scholars.
The Institution of higher education dates back to Ziqiang Institute, which was established in 1893 by Zhang Zhidong, governor of Hubei and Hunan Provinces in late Qing Dynasty after the Qing Government permitted his memorial to the throne. Far along, its name altered for several times before it was called National Wuhan University in July 1928. By 1946, the academic institution had six colleges, i.e., the colleges of liberal arts, sciences, engineering, law, agriculture and medicine. The academic institution had a superb innovative tradition and enjoyed a very high academic reputation.
At the moment, Wuhan University has 34 schools in 6 faculties and 3 A-Level Grade Ⅲ affiliated hospitals, covering 12 fields, namely philosophy, Economics, Law, Education, Literature, History, Sciences, Engineering, Management and Art, etc.
The Institution of higher education now has more than 50,000 scholars, as well as 29738 undergraduates, 26073 graduates and 2537 international students. The teaching staff consists of over 3,700 teachers, as well as 2,700 or so professors and associate professors, 11 academicians of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 10 renowned senior scholars of arts and social sciences.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Field(s) of Study: The grant only supports full-time graduate scholars. It supports master’s scholars for barely three years or doctoral scholars for barely four years. Length of the scholarship, which covers major study and Chinese language/preparatory stud, is as stated in the Admission Letter. The followings are majors accessible.
Type: Masters, PhD
Eligibility for Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University
1. Candidates with African nations’ nationalities and in good health.
2. Candidates who apply for a master degree should be below 35 years old and hold a BSc. Candidates who apply for a Ph.D. degree should be below 40 years old and hold a MSc.
3. Candidates for English-medium programs should provide score report of English Language test. TOEFL necessitates 80, IELTS requires 5.5. Candidates who did English-medium program in former school but could not provide the above mentioned standard English test result should provide extra supporting documents issued by former school and do added oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University.
Candidates from English-speaking nation where English is the official language could be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
4. Candidates applying for Chinese-medium programs should provide minimum HSK level 4 certificate (Chinese Proficiency Test). Candidates who exceled HSK level 5 or above can head straight to the major study, those who have not achieved HSK level 5 can apply for one-year Chinese language training courses, and then head to the degree study after meeting the prerequisite.
Individuals that their native language is Chinese or able to provide proof of studying at a prior institution where the teaching language is Chinese, can apply for HSK test waiver after the approval of Wuhan University.
5. Candidates who do not get other scholarship for fresh students.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Benefits of Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University
- Tuition waiver;
- Accommodation(700RMB/per month);
- Living stipend: ( 3000RMB/per month);
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
Duration of Award:
- Masters: 3 years
- PhD: 4 years
Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University – How to Apply
- Go over all application prerequisites in the Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University Award Webpage.
- Wish you luck while you apply for Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University
Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University is a complete scholarship award established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract exceptional foreign scholars from African Nations for six month general studies in China. Wuhan University is one of the prominent universities chosen to embark on this program to recruit scholars.
Visit Award Webpage for Details on Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University.