Requirements To Study Medicine At UCT 2021
The Requirements To Study Medicine At UCT 2021. Medical school admissions requirements at UCT (University of Cape Town). At the University of Cape Town, studying medicine entails demanding academic routines and training courses that culminate in the MBChB certifications. It takes six years to complete the MBChB program. Students are enrolled as medical practitioners by the health professions council after graduating with an MBChB degree and completing a two-year internship and one year of community service.
As previously stated, the training program is academically demanding, so it is critical that the selection process be strict in order to accept those students who are capable of meeting its standards. You must have passed specified school-leaving subjects with specific minimum performance levels to be eligible for selection.
These results demonstrate that you possess the talent as well as the academic ability necessary to survive and prosper in such a challenging learning environment.
Requirements To Study Medicine At UCT – University Of Cape Town
To be considered for admission, you must have the following minimum subject scores and performance levels:
Mathematics, English (or home language) must be at least 60%, and the following three best subjects must be at least 50%. (not including life orientation). The NBT (Next Best Three) results are in the mid – range. There’s also a 450 APS.
Band A (Unweighted MedPS)
To get guaranteed admission
- 880 unweighted MedPS or above
- 60 percent for English (or first home language)
- 60 percent for mathematics
- 60 percent for physical sciences
- At least 50 percent for the next 3 best subjects (not including life orientation)
NBT (NEXT BEST THREE) scores of proficiency for AL, QL, and Mathematics
Other scores for consideration:
- 810 FPS or above
- 450 APS or above
BAND B (for weighted MedPS)
- Weighted MedPS of at least 870 or Above
- 60 percent score for English (or first home language)
- 60 percent score of physical sciences
- 50 percent score or above for the next 3 best subjects (not including life orientation)
- NBT (NEXT BEST THREE) scores of intermediate for QL, AL, and Mathematics
Other scores for consideration
- At least 725 FPS or above
- At least APS or above
Only South African applicants in redress categories 1 and 2 Band C (unweighted MedPS)
- Unweighted MedPS of 715 for redress category 1
- Unweighted MedPS of 730 for redress category 2
- At least 60 percent for English (or first home language)
- At least 60 percent for mathematics
- At least 60 percent for Physical Sciences
- At least 50 percent or above for the next 3 best subjects (not including life orientation)
- Next best 3 scores of intermediate for QL, AL, and mathematics
Other scores for consideration [ Requirements To Study Medicine At UCT ]
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL-LEAVING CERTIFICATES
For non-NSC examinations: a table is used to convert non-South African results in order to get a comparable score, and ascertain the prospective student’s performance. Some recognized certifications include A-LEVEL, AS, GCSE/OL, HIGCSE, IGCSE, and IB Diplomas. For further information see the prospectus, on 13. Kindly note that applicants need 6 eligible subjects in order to apply.
A-LEVEL (ADVANCED LEVEL)
- Without PR: 48 points plus NBT (NEXT BEST THREE) score of at least 270/300
- With PR OF 70/100: 46-48 points plus NBT (NEXT BEST THREE) of at least 230/300
- At least a score level of C in two A level subjects (mathematics plus chemistry or physics) and a B in the remaining subject (which should be chemistry or physics) and also a B in English.
AS (ADVANCED SUBSIDIARY) LEVEL
- Without PR: 48 points plus NBT (NEXT BEST THREE) score not less 270/300
- With PR: of 70/100: 46-48 points plus NBT (NEXT BEST THREE) score not less than 230/300
- AS and IGCSE level subject requirements: at least B in 4 major subjects (including mathematics and physics and chemistry), and a B in English language which may be scored at IGCSE/Ordinary Level.
- Without PR: 48 points plus NBT (NEXT BEST THREE) score not less than 270/300
- With PR of 70/100: 46-48 points plus NBT (NEXT BEST THREE) not less than 230/300
- At least grade 5 in three Higher Level subjects, including mathematics and chemistry/physics and also English.
- At least grade 5 in the other two subjects (physics or chemistry or English language not taken at a higher level), which may be at standard level.
- Mathematical Studies is not acceptable. IB applicants need to be in possession of the IB Diploma, but not the certificate.
CHECK THIS OUT :
Credit : Newshub360.net