Obama Foundation Scholars Program at University of Columbia in USA 2021/2022
Obama Foundation Scholars Program at University of Columbia is currently open. The foundation endeavors to support dynamic, collaborative, rising leaders from around the world in an innovative one-year academic experience.
Eligible Countries: All
To Be Taken At (Country): Columbia University, USA
Obama Foundation Scholars Program at University of Columbia: Obama Foundation Scholars at Columbia University will partake in Columbia World Projects, a novel platform in which faculty and researchers from Columbia will work together with governments, nonprofits, the private sector, and intergovernmental establishments to make concrete solutions to real-world matters. The project works to systematically bring university research out into the world in the form of projects that will have a substantial and lasting positive impact on people’s lives and will aid direct the way to answers to intractable problems, while additionally enriching research and scholarship. Scholars will partake in CWP activities throughout the academic session.
After finishing of the program, the Foundation Scholars, enabled by their experience, go back to the regions where they have been working and continue along a path of service..
Type: Masters, Training
Eligibility for Obama Foundation Scholars Program at University of Columbia
Obama Foundation Scholars Program at University of Columbia search for emerging leaders from all over the globe who satisfy the criteria below:
- Applicants should have a proven dedication to service and leadership within a community, region or nation outside the United States, coupled with a proven commitment to go back to those communities after their conclusion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities
- Applicants are upcoming leaders who have made significant impacts to their field and are now at a “tipping point” in their careers
- Applicants are confident in English (verbal, written and spoken)
- Applicants have the ability and predisposition to positively shape the future of their community
- Candidates have a displayed dedication to integrity, inclusivity, humility, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination and teamwork
Number of Awards: Not specified
- Monthly allowance to help with living costs in New York City
- An equipped and furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University
- All tuition and dues for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Provide basic medical, dental and life insurance for the period of the program
- Flight travel to and from home country and any program-related activities
- Programs organized by the Obama Foundation that will assist scholars attain the real-world skills, tools and experiences to expand the impact of their work when they return home such as “Leadership Development Programming.”
Duration of Program: 1 year
How to Apply for Obama Foundation Scholars Program at University of Columbia
- APPLY HERE
- It is vital to go through the Obama Foundation Scholars Program at University of Columbia, the FAQ as well as the Columbia Webpage before applying.
- Visit the Program Webpage for Details on Obama Foundation Scholars Program at University of Columbia
The program is delighted to declare that, for the first time, we are extending the application for the 2021-22 cohorts of Obama Scholars at Columbia University to U.S. citizens and inhabitants who are making noteworthy contributions to their societies or regions within the United States, in addition to seeking leaders from around the world.
Important: Although our plan is that the 2021-22 Obama Foundation Scholars at Columbia University will reside on-site in the City of New York, there is a possibility Scholars will participate in the program remotely from their home countries and communities, due to COVID-19. We will remain to monitor the trajectory of the pandemic to make certain it is safe for Scholars to travel to and live in the City of New York.