List Of Agricultural Cooperatives In South Africa
Agricultural Cooperatives in South Africa are listed below. Cooperatives are organizations of people who work together to help one another by pooling their financial resources and making regular contributions. The cooperative (the organization) is a not-for-profit organization owned by its members.
In any case, Agricultural Cooperatives In South Africa have become a necessity in many nations as farmers have been pushed to take control of their own fates in order to stay in business and make a profit.
Agricultural cooperatives are modest businesses that help farmers improve their lives. Agro cooperatives are made up of many types of farmers who pool their resources to assist members with whatever they may require on their farms. Some agro cooperatives accept farmers of all types as members, while others only accept farmers of specific types (like fish farmers, cattle ranchers, poultry farmers, and so on.)
The List Of Agricultural Cooperatives In South Africa
One of the most important aspects of a cooperative is the sense of togetherness it generates. Cooperatives also train their members best practices in their industries, as well as advise them about opportunities and how to take advantage of government initiatives that may arise.
As a result, some cooperatives may be dissatisfied with monetary contributions from its members. They have the authority to levy fines on members who fail to attend meetings. Let’s go straight to the list of South African cooperatives.
- Namakwalandse Landboukoöperasie Bpk.,
- Mailing/Postal Address: P O Box 46, Vredendal 8160.
- Tel (0271) 33030/9.
- Fax: 0271-32921
- Nasionale Aartappelkoöperasie Bpk.,
- Mailing/Postal Address: P O Box 516, Bethal 2310.
- Tel (01764) 76375
- Natalse Landboukoöperasie Bpk.,
- Mailing/Postal Address: P O Box 145, Dundee 3000.
- Tel (0341) 25171.
- Fax: 0341-81096
- National Co-operative Dairies Ltd.,
- Mailing/Postal Address: P O Box 6161, Weltevreden Park 1715.
- Tel (011) 470 8600.
- Fax: 011-4751515
- Central Timber Co-operative Ltd.,
- Mailing/Postal Address: P O Box 495, Pietermaritzburg 3200.
- Tel (0331) 451 388
- East Cape Agricultural Co-op. Ltd.,
- Mailing/Postal Address: P O Box 331, Queenstown 5320.
- Tel (045) 839 5241.
- Fax: 045-8384394
- Fraserburgse Koöperatiewe Vleisprodusente Bpk.,
- Mailing/Postal Address: P O Box 32, Fraserburg 6960.
- Tel (023) 741 1004. Fax: 023-7411253
- Karoo Oranje Landboukoöperasie Bpk.,
- Mailing/Postal Address: P O Box 24, Hopetown 8750.
- Tel (053) 203 0501.
- Fax: 053-2030295
- Ladismith-Landboukoöperasie Bpk.,
- Mailing/Postal Address: P O Box 55, Ladismith 6655.
- Tel (028) 551 1042. Fax: 028-5511930
- Oranje Koöperasie Bpk.,
- Mailing/Postal Address: P O Box 48, Upington 8800.
- Tel (054) 332 3811
- Oranjerivierwynkelders (Koöperatief) Bpk.,
- Mailing/Postal Address: P O Box 544, Upington 8800.
- Tel (054) 331 2186.
- Fax: 054-25408
- Taurus Veeverbeteringskoöperasie Bpk.,
- Mailing/Postal Address: P/Bag X5, Irene 0062.
- Tel (012) 667 1122.
- Fax: 012-6671827
- Wes Karoo Koöperasie Bpk.,
- Mailing/Postal Address: P O Box 74, Calvinia 8190.
- Tel (0273) 411 070.
- Fax: 0273-412724.
- T W K Landbou Bpk
- Physical Address: 89 Stuart St, Amsterdam, 2375, South Africa, Mpumalanga.
- East Free State Cape Co-op
- Physical Address: 23 Murray St, Lady Grey, 9755, South Africa, Eastern Cape.
- Cooperative Website: www.ovk.co.za
- K L K
- Physical Address: Hoof St, Danielskuil, 8405, South Africa, Northern Cape.
- Kaap Agri
- Physical Address: Station Rd, Lutzville, 8165, South Africa, Northern Cape.
- East Cape Agricultural Co-op Ltd
- Physical Address: Robinson Rd, Cathcart, 5310, South Africa, Eastern Cape.
- E D L U (tlu)
- Physical Address: 14 Church St, Ermelo, 2351, South Africa, Mpumalanga.
- Cooperative Website: www.tlu.co.za
- East Cape Agricultural Co-op Ltd
- Senwes Bpk
- Physical Address: 1 Stasie Rd, Ventersdorp, 2710, South Africa, North West.
- Physical Address: Isarel, Cape Town.
- Klein Karoo Kooperasie
- Physical Address: 99 Kerk St, Prince Albert, 6930, South Africa, Western Cape.
- Porterville Ko-operatiewe Landbou Maatskappy Bpk
- Physical Address: 2 Hoof St, Graafwater, 8120, South Africa, Northern Cape.
- Botsitso Development Service Provider
- Physical Address: 107 Zastron St, Westdene, Free State, 9301, South Africa, Bloemfontein.
- Physical Address: Church St, Van Rhynsdorp, 8170, South Africa, Northern Cape.
- Cooperative Website: www.kaapagri.co.za
- Chamo Marketing Enterprises
- Physical Address: 2 Second St, Eastern Extension, George, 6529, South Africa, Western Cape.
- Tuinroete Agri-herold
- Physical Address: Herold, George, 6615, South Africa, Western Cape.
- Physical Address: Plot 1190, Augrabies, 8874, South Africa, Northern Cape.
- G W K Ltd
- Physical Address: Industria Rd, Barkly West, 8375, South Africa, Northern Cape.
- Cooperative Website: www.gwk.co.za
- K L K
- Physical Address: Augrabies Rd, Kakamas, 8870, South Africa, Northern Cape.
- Phahamisang Nursery Manufacture for farming Services Agricultural cooperative
- Physical Address: 268 Boroa location, Bloemfontein.
Conclusion On The List Of Agricultural Cooperatives In South Africa:
Cooperatives are a sort of business organization that differs from traditional investor-owned businesses. This is because IOFs often want to maximize profits, whereas cooperatives seek to maximize the services they provide to their members without regard for profit. Farmers form agricultural cooperatives when they are unable to obtain critical services from IOFs or banks (because the provision of these services is deemed unprofitable by the IOFs), or when IOFs or banks provide the services at unfavorable terms and conditions.(i.e., the services are available, but the farmers cannot afford the terms and conditions).
The former condition may be the results of a financial structure that excludes farmers because banks are unwilling to share in their losses during droughts or disease outbreaks.
The latter could be the result of an insensitive government system that does not control banks and so does not insist that they set fair terms and conditions for farmers in order to encourage them to obtain credit from the financial services sector of the economy.
Farmers’ ability to pool produce and/or resources in order to solve difficulties is a practical result of the formation of agricultural cooperatives.
Farmers can form a cooperative to help each other learn knowledge about new improved seeds, machines, and methods of doing things, as well as generate the funds they need to invest in the things they need to get a better yield, and thus a greater profit. The membership base of cooperatives can be quite diversified. Some cooperatives have as little as 20 members, while others have over 10,000.
Agricultural Cooperatives In South Africa 2023 – Newshub360.net
CHECK THIS OUT :
Credit : Newshub360.net