The 8 Best Beach Resorts in Costa Rica 2023: 800 kilometres of exquisite coastline, filled with numerous stunning beaches, can be found in Costa Rica.
There are many beachfront resorts to select from if you want to stay right on the sand while enjoying stunning sea views and convenient access to water sports.
Book one of these to experience the finest of the best.
8 Best Beach Resorts in Costa Rica 2023
1. Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, Peninsula Papagayo
The Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo is one of the most opulent hotels in Costa Rica and all of Central America.
Every one of the opulent apartments, which come equipped with marble bathrooms and screened-in living rooms terraces, has a view of the ocean because it is situated on a small isthmus.
Even more stunning ocean views are available from the 18-hole Arnold Palmer-designed golf course, while the restaurant Pesce serves superb Italian cuisine and seafood specialties.
Kayaking, hiking, surfing, and stand-up paddleboarding are among the available activities. Swedish massages are offered as a way to unwind following.
- Secluded beachfront location on narrow isthmus
- 18-hole Arnold Palmer signature golf course
- Marble baths and screened-in terraces
2. Arenas del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort, Jose Antonio
The Manuel Antonio National Park is a short stroll from the Arenas del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort.
This eco-resort has some of the most luxurious accommodations in the region, including spacious private patios with hot tubs and vivid local art.
It also has two completely desolate, undeveloped beaches, two pools, and a spa. The surrounds are breathtaking and abundant with wildlife, including visiting butterflies, birds, and monkeys.
Additionally, free sustainability tours, rum tastings, and cookery workshops are provided.
- Private terraces with hot tubs
- Two nearly deserted unspoiled beaches
- Wildlife-spotting and tours available
3. JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa, Guanacaste
The stunning beach at the opulent JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa is perfect for both leisurely strolls and water sports like snorkelling and diving.
A wide infinity pool, numerous restaurants and cafes, a luxurious spa with plunge pools and treatment tubs, and more are all on the property.
There are activities like surfing, kayaking, hiking, and biking accessible. Deep soaking tubs and balconies with views of the ocean, garden, or pool are features of the rooms.
- Oceanfront hotel ideal for snorkeling and diving
- Spa with plunge pools and therapy baths
- Rooms with deep soaking tubs and balconies
4. Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica, Papagayo Peninsula
Secrets Papagayo, a peaceful adult-only resort on the lovely Papagayo Peninsula, provides opulent suites with views of the ocean or lush gardens.
The all-inclusive rates include access to a two-tier pool with a swim-up bar and a lovely spa pool, as well as meals at six great a la carte restaurants and one buffet without the need for reservations.
Numerous activities are available, such as snorkelling excursions, yoga sessions, water aerobics, cooking workshops, trekking, wine and rum tasting, non-motorized water sports, and more.
There are themed events that include karaoke and live music.
- Adults-only, all-inclusive hotel
- Two-tier pool with swim-up bar
- Themed nights and activities
5. Tulemar Resort, Manuel Antonio
The 33-acre Tulemar Resort is surrounded by tropical fauna and greenery. Manuel Antonio National Park is only a 10-minute drive away, and there are four infinity pools, a quiet beach, and a restaurant with ocean views.
Bungalows and villas with one to four bedrooms are available, and all include kitchens or kitchenettes, different living areas, and balconies with views of the water.
There are numerous tour and activity possibilities, including as catamaran trips, zip line, horseback riding, and canyoning through the rainforest.
- Secluded beach and tropical flora
- Bungalows and villas with kitchens and balconies
- Four infinity pools
6. Hotel Punta Islita, Autograph Collection, Punta Islita
This exclusive beach resort is located far from civilization and features elegant villas and apartments with terraces and cosy hammocks.
Unbeatable ocean views, a stunning infinity pool, and a beach pool with swim-up bars are among features that guests can enjoy.
Play golf, tennis, go on sunset cruises, take cooking classes, have special candlelight dinners, and unwind at the spa.
- Complimentary ec-adventures and cultural experiences
- Villas with terraces and hammocks
- Infinity pool and beach pool with swim-up bars
7. Hotel Bosque del Mar, Playa Hermosa
Along Playa Hermosa, which is well-known for swimming, snorkelling, scuba diving, fishing, and sailing, sits the upmarket Bosque del Mar, a modern boutique hotel.
The apartments are roomy and feature separate living rooms and bedrooms as well as glass doors that lead to individual wood deck patios, some of which have ocean views.
Listen for the howler monkeys that serve as the morning wake-up call and keep an eye out for the iguanas that enjoy the sun from balconies.
Visitors can take use of the large open-air restaurant with a view of the ocean, the spa, which provides in-room and beachfront massages, and the free-form pool.
- Located on Playa Hermosa
- Glass walls opening to private wood-deck terraces
- Spa offering in-room and beachfront massages
8. Los Altos Beach Resort, Jose Antonio
The Los Altos Beach Resort & Spa offers breathtaking ocean views while being tucked away in the woods.
2,500 square foot condominiums with three bedrooms, kitchens, and terraces that open to views of the water are a favourite resort for families, offering all the conveniences of home.
Enjoy quick access to the beach, a gorgeous infinity pool, a spa, and an outdoor restaurant with views of the ocean and the jungle.
You can enjoy everything from snorkelling and jungle treks to zip line, whitewater rafting, and parasailing, so there are plenty of opportunities to unwind or get active.
- Located within rainforest with easy beach access
- Condos with three bedrooms, kitchens and balconies
- Open-air eatery with rainforest and ocean views
8 Best Beach Resorts in Costa Rica 2023 – Newshub360.net